Thursday, May 2, 2013

Socially Acceptable Bad Habits Can Sometimes Be Harder to Break


                Good Morning Universe.  Today is about those “old habits” that are often times the hardest to break.  They are the kind of habits that are acceptable by society.  Habits like smoking, over eating, drinking, and other things that are not viewed as good but can often be overlooked.

                I have Experienced and Overcome A LOT of Negative behaviors.  I have indulged in my share of Bad Behavior.  I have been a drug addict, a cutter, a cigarette smoker, an overeater, and lazy in my lifetime…Just to name a few.

                I always took pride in my ability to “come back” from the behaviors that society thinks are extremely detrimental and shameful.  Like drug addiction and self-harm.  In fact of all the things I struggle with these days drugs and cutting aren’t even on my radar.

                I don’t wake up in the morning and struggle with a desire for drugs or self-harm.  I don’t have a bad day, or anxiety and think about drugs.  I consider myself lucky and strong because I have moved past that.
 
                Don’t get me wrong, I Still Struggle.  I still want to give into my bad habits, it’s just that today the bad habits I struggle with are considered “socially acceptable.”  The habits and desires I have to continue to work on are struggles with food, and lately with a desire to Smoke Cigarettes.

                For a long time I believed that since food and cigarettes were so commonly used by others there was no shame.  I was just so proud of myself for being drug free and emotionally stable that I would allow myself to backslide.

                I have acknowledged the things I struggle with today and have recently shared the struggle with cigarettes with my support system.  It felt good, but I was so scared.  It meant I would have to try and stop making excuses, it meant I would have to forgive myself.

                Now that I am not so scared I can move forward.  I may not be perfect, but hiding my desires and imperfections will not allow me to improve or Live in Happiness and Love.
 
                What Negative Behaviors do you have?  What things can you share with your support system so you can keep growing?  What Fears are holding you back?  No One is Perfect, but we can always strive to be the person we want to be.  Love Yourself, Trust in Others, and Keep Working!!!

To The Universe
Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment