Monday, May 20, 2013

Do You Have The Courage To Be UNCOOL?

               Good Morning Universe, let’s talk about COOL!!!  Let’s talk about how many times in our lives we have an unhealthy desire to “fit in.”  I am not saying that when we adapt to our surroundings and the people in it that it is always unhealthy.  What I am saying is that when we hide who we really are or behave in ways that make us uncomfortable, THAT ISN’T GOOD!!!

                When I was younger I spent so much time trying to fit in that I didn’t even know who I was.  I did not Acknowledge the things that made me happy.  I did not Believe that other people would like me for who I was on the inside.  I did not live in LOVE and Happiness, I existed in Fear.

                My thoughts and actions were heavily influence by other people and my own lack of Self Love.  My Actions weren’t considered and executed in order to make me happy, proud, and fulfilled.  My Actions were always filtered through the, “what will other people think” lens.  I missed out on so much Happiness and Fulfillment because my happiness was tied to directly to other people’s acceptance.

                When I made jokes and laughed it was really a mask for the sadness I was living in.  I always wanted to be the joking and cheerful person, because I thought this was who I had to be in order for people to like me.  I didn’t speak up for myself and I always agreed with everyone else.

                Then one day my life took a turn for the worst, and I started cutting myself and eventually started abusing drugs.  As much as I wish I could erase that part of my life I did learn a few things.  I learned that I was MUCH STRONGER than I ever imagined because I came out of those years of addiction and learned to prosper.

                Belief became my most powerful tool for change.  I started to believe in myself.  On some days when things didn’t go my way I had to Practice Belief, but I kept trying.  Once I started to Truly Believe I could accept myself and be happy it was time to make choices that were in alignment with how I wanted my life to look.  Most importantly, I took ACTION!!!  I stopped sitting back in Fear and started Doing Things that would bring more Love and Light into my soul. 

                One of the best things I learned about myself is that as of today I AM that HAPPY and JOKING person that I pretended to be when I was younger.  The difference now is that I use humor to make me smile and not so other people will like and accept me.  If people want to laugh and smile with me that is AWESOME, but if not I don’t take it so personally.

                I love my awkwardness, my sense of humor, my dorky side, and a lot of things that some people may consider “Uncool.”  Today I revel in the person I have developed into, and even though other people’s opinions can impact me sometimes I don’t dwell on that.  I Love Myself.  Do you have Love for yourself?  If not, what can you do today to bring more Love into your soul?

To The Universe

Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment