Thursday, May 16, 2013

Perseverance is PROGRESS!!!


                Good Morning Universe, today I want to talk about progress.  Many times in our lives we feel that we are “stunted” or “stuck” in the same place and this can get us down.  In our busy world many people feel that Success and Progress should always be a measurable quantity.

                I don’t think that I agree that Success and Progress is always measurable.  I understand the need for measurable goals and encourage these things, but we should not be limited by our measurable goals.  When we HAVE TO have reach a measurable goal in order to be happy it sets us up for true failure.

                Goals, Aspirations, and Measurable Progress are wonderful tools for growth and fulfillment and I am not advocating letting these things go.  Instead I am advocating a balance between progress and acceptance.  Don’t believe that if you are not progressing towards your goals at every moment that you have somehow failed, because that is the first step towards regression, towards giving up.

                For the past few weeks I have been practicing perseverance, I have been practicing “not giving up.”  I have been practicing having faith in myself and my goals.  I have struggled because I have not lost any weight in a few weeks, even though I am eating right and exercising daily.  I am struggling because my financial situation is “so tight” it feels I can’t breathe because of anxiety.

                It is my struggles that I must persevere through in order to appreciate just about anything.  In the past, in fact most of my life, when I was faced with struggles I easily gave up.  I would lose my positivity and my desire to change because I thought giving up was easier.  I was wrong, giving up only felt easy in the moment.  In the long run giving up never made me happy and just kept me living in fear and mediocrity.

                During the times in your life when you feel you are stuck use it as a chance to learn, practice, and utilize the Amazing Quality of Perseverance.  Don’t ever think that your goals are unattainable.  Start incorporating and practicing Perseverance in the difficult times when you feel are not growing and progressing.

                When we learn to persevere we are demonstrating patience, faith, and learning to love ourselves and our lives no matter what.  These qualities are never a waste of time.  So let’s all practice persevering through the “no so great” stuff and remembering that it will make us that much more appreciative of our successes in the end.

To The Universe
Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment