Friday, November 16, 2012

What you put in You Get OUT

Let’s talk about baking…Got your attention with that one.  When I was young every year my Mother and Great Grandmother, while she was still alive, would bake for the Holiday Season.  It is one of my favorite memories of the holidays, besides presents of course.  All kids LOVE Presents.

We could spend all weekend prepping, baking, and DECORATING cookies and all sorts of other goodies.  It was a task, but it was wonderful, and everything was always perfect.

I didn’t realize it then, but our baked goods ALWAYS ended up perfect.  They weren’t perfect to me just because I was young and LOVED SUGAR, but because it was an event, and it was surrounded with feelings of Family and Love.

We worked as family and it was a tradition.  What we made was more than just cookies, we made memories, we strengthened our familial bonds, we HAD FUN.  It didn’t matter to me that I lived in a trailer park, and we were poor.  My mother ALWAYS made sure my Holidays were SPECIAL.

I don’t know how she did it, but I am ETERNALLY GRATEFUL.  I didn’t have “the Brady Bunch” childhood, but I had Love.  Our family traditions were packed with Love, and because that’s what we put in, That’s What We Got Out. 

What are the ingredients you can “put in” your life to bring about Happiness, Love, and Gratitude.  What are the ingredients you can share with the Universe to bring Happiness, Love, and Gratitude to others. 

To The Universe, Happy Holidays

Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment