Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Exercise Communication and Control (Easier Said Than Done)

This morning I feel that my communication skills need help.  I am being held back by my fears, fears of being hurt.  My whole life I have been careful what deep feelings I share with others, especially when those feelings are in regards to the person I am speaking with.

The problem I am having is that I can’t have the life and the treatment I expect from others if I can’t express myself.  Then again my fear is crippling me.  I have such a problem taking criticism without getting hurt, and the closer a person is to me the easier it is for me to be hurt.

I know that I am the only one in control of my feelings, but I am searching for how to best exercise that control.  I know that as with any exercise, it takes practice.  Often I think that I would rather sit and sweat in a sauna for days, then exercise my feelings. 

My feelings have ALWAYS been in control me, not me in control of my feelings.  People may think I can control my feelings, but that is simply because I have learned not to share too much.

I don’t have any deep insights at this point, what I do know is that I am asking the Universe for help.  I need to be guided to a more independent sense of being.  I need to be guided to better self-esteem and courage.  I need to be guided away from fear and anxiety.  I know it’s possible to be in better control of my feelings and reactions, I just need the courage to keep plugging away.

To The Universe

Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment