Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Worth Begins With YOU


            Have you ever though about worth?  I am not talking about monetary value, but what you find worthy in others, and what you find worthy about yourself?

            I am guilty of not believing I am worth much at various times in my life.  If I am being honest, I think I have felt “unworthy” more often than I have felt “worthy” and that is sad.

            I felt I wasn’t pretty enough, I wasn’t skinny enough, I didn’t have enough money, I didn’t have enough friends.  I have spent so much time worrying about what others thought of me, and not NEARLY enough time thinking about what I thought of myself.

            I realize that it is unhealthy to worry about only OUR OWN happiness at every moment, that’s extremely selfish.  Though I realize the importance of taking time to make myself happy, time to enjoy myself, time to give myself credit for things I like about “ME”.

            This “me” time is a vital component of my happiness, and in turn for the happiness I am able to share with others.  It is the same concept with worth.  How can I find others worthy and deserving of happiness, if I can’t do the same for myself.

            Don’t be selfish.  Share the love you have inside with others, but never forget yourself.  Happiness is contagious.  When you smile it infects others.  It is impossible to smile and frown at the same time. 

Always remember you have a choice about how you see yourself, and how you see the world around you.  See Beauty, See Happiness, See Hope, See Kindness and you will SEE a Great Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment