Friday, September 14, 2012

Don't HIDE Your Emotions



            I love FEELING life, and not just the Good Stuff.  I am filled with emotions and I am beginning to appreciate just how wonderful that is.  I spent so long trying to only acknowledge my Happy feelings.  Wow, I completely underestimated the POWER that comes from ALL emotions.
            I am not saying that feeling the “bad” or “depressing” emotions is good.  What I am saying is that when I have a thought or emotion that I would classify as negative I realize I can change it, I can learn from it, and I can grow from it.
            My thoughts and emotions are one of the things in life I Have Complete
Control of.  Many times my thoughts and emotions seem out of my control, but I realize that is not true.
            I gain strength, pride, and power when I control my thoughts and emotions.  I even like a good cry every once and a while.  For me it’s like a day of work where I am hot, sweaty, and uncomfortable.  When the day is over I feel empowered to have persevered through something that is technically not “fun” or “happy”. 
            A hard day of work is just that, it’s HARD.  That hard day of work can result in an emotional state of gratitude and pride that I couldn’t accomplish without it.  That hard day of work makes my down time that much sweeter.
            My father likes to say people should operate from “love” and an “attitude of gratitude” and I agree with him.  Gratitude leads to an appreciation of what we have in life, good and bad, we can CHOOSE to see our lives for whatever we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment