Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I AM...Are You?


               “I AM…These are two of the most powerful words in the English language, because what comes after them shapes your reality.”  -Unknown

               I AM feeling powerful, I AM feeling happy, I AM feeling loved.  Those statements are powerful, beautiful, and not always easy to believe. 

               I AM are two words that shape your life, your perceptions, your emotions.  It’s so easy to believe things that are negative and unfortunately I think that is the way the world has shaped us.

               Most of us need other people’s approval, or we end up believing a lot of what other people say about us.  We are taught from a young age to do what we are told, because that makes us good.  This is the basis for when we grow up and need approval to be happy.

               It’s normal to seek approval from others, but not if we forget to approve of ourselves.  If we base how we feel about ourselves on other people, we are not living from “I AM.”  We are living from, “I AM…BUT only if others approve.”

               It is important to take others feelings and opinions into consideration in our daily lives, but not to the extent that we forget about considering ourselves.  If we want to live an “I AM” life that isn’t filled with doubt and a need for external approval, we must look towards ourselves first.

               I spent most of my life trying to make myself worthy of others, this only made me feel worse about myself.  If I am looking at my life through someone else’s eyes how can I ever be happy?   Well, the answer is you can’t, happiness is not achieved by looking at yourself through another’s eyes.

               The more I search for what makes me happy, the more I laugh because I want too, the more I feel complete.  When I feel complete, when I feel worthy, when I feel happy, that’s is when others will see this in me.

Changing your life requires changing how you see yourself, if you want other people to see value in you then you must see it in yourself first.  This realization has freed me to be happier inside and surround myself with others who feel the same way.  It’s Awesome.

To The Universe

Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment