Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm Uncomfortable & It's Great!!!!


Monday September 3, 2012

               I have been taking a few days off.  Actually, I have taken a few days off from writing, but I have been extremely busy.  I have been either packing, moving, cleaning, or unpacking every day for the past week or so.  I am tired, sore, but happy.

               It occurs to me that my physical pain would be much worse if I wasn’t already happy.  I am aware of my pain, and I wish I could make it go away, but I realize that it is a result of all the hard work I have done.  That hard work causes me to be proud, especially because earlier this year I was apathetic, lazy, and unhappy.  Pride was not a word I used in my vocabulary at that time and stepping out of my comfort zone was not something I was willing to do.

               Now I’ve stepped out of my comfort zone to move to a new city.  I’ve stepped out of my comfort zone to start a new life.  I’ve stepped out of my comfort zone to start new relationships with the people who I surround myself with.  I’m getting used to being out of my comfort zone.  Maybe that is why it is easier for me to realize that the physical discomfort I am experiencing is temporary.  Just like I realized that my emotional discomfort would dissipate and I would adjust to my new surroundings.

               I know that being comfortable is a wonderful thing that is a necessary part of a happy and balanced life.  Though what I also realize is that being uncomfortable, at times, is also a necessary part of a happy and balanced life.  If we are never uncomfortable it is WAY TOO easy to forget what makes life great.  It’s the ups and downs, the highs and lows, the smiles and the frowns which give life meaning and value.  Let’s all get a little uncomfortable, step out into the unknown, or just take a tiny detour and see what happens.  Live Life to The Fullest.

To The Universe

Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment