Thursday, April 25, 2013

It's Another First!!!

                Good Morning Universe, I have another first to report!!!  This week was the first time I celebrated my Father’s Birthday.  We enjoyed a wonderful meal and celebration with friends and family.  We made memories that will last forever.  We were family.

                Many people may not realize just how big it is for me to celebrate a birthday with my father.  First off, I am in my mid-thirties and not spending his Birthday together was normal for me.  I have missed many of my father’s birthdays, just as he has missed most of mine.

                For those of you that know me or have read my blog you know that the past year is the most time I have spent with my father in my whole life.  It is also the only time in my life where we have had a positive relationship.  The years before now included neglect, abuse, apathy, and pain.

                Thankfully this year has been filled with LOVE, FORGIVENESS, UNDERSTANDING, TRUST, and Building a New and Stronger Relationship.  I am grateful to have this time to get to know and love my father.  I am grateful that my father wants to get to know and love me.  I am grateful that I have been able to forgive and allow Love into My Heart.

                If you don’t believe in Love, Forgiveness, Hope, Trust, and Gratitude you will always be missing something.  You don’t have to rekindle old relationships in order to believe in these attributes.  You can still operate from Love and have good boundaries.  Here is to Friends, Family, Love, and Life!!!

To The Universe

Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment