Friday, February 1, 2013

Moments are Fuel for Your Future!!!


Good Morning Universe.  Another Friday is here to greet us, and I want to send everyone into the weekend with some thoughts about the Moments that Make Our Lives.

Many times in my life I have lived in Sadness, Anxiety, Stress, and a multitude of other negative emotions.  I dwelled on all the bad things in my life.  Whether it was a bad feeling, emotion, or action I let it creep into my daily existence.

I spent years focusing on what was wrong with my life.  What was wrong with my life was my perspective.  When I focused on all the Negativity in my life I began to live in Negativity.  I never saw happiness because how I viewed my life, is what turned into my Actual Life.

I realize how each moment that we hold onto is shapes us and our lives.  This afternoon I was petting our dog Annie and was filled with happiness, so I decided to make an effort to HOLD ON TO this memory for future use.  Next time I feel Negativity creeping in I have to focus on the Good Stuff, the Memories that I cherish will be the tools I use to combat the dreaded Negativity.

It sounds so simple, but it takes work.  It takes practice to change our patterns of thinking and our behaviors.  It takes WORK to recall those “happy moments, memories, or feelings” every time life gets you down.  It takes practice.

These days patience and practice seem like virtues that are in short supply.  Our culture is obsessed with convenience and entertainment at the push of a button or the click of a mouse.  In the information age we have forgotten that time heals, and that Life Is Not Always on Our Schedule.

We must walk through each moment towards our future, good or bad its part of life.  We can’t hop into a Delorean and go into the future.  We can’t skip the tough times because life lessons learned are important.  Besides if we could actually “fast forward” through life, it would be over WAY to Soon.

Hold on to the good moments, live in the present but never lose sight of your future.  Use the good moments as fuel to keep you going when you face negativity.  Let’s retrain our brains to remember the Good Stuff and Let Go of The Bad.

To The Universe
Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment