Friday, February 8, 2013

I TALK TO MYSELF and I Answer Back!!!


                Good Morning.  If you were captivated by my title and admission that I “talk to myself” you might be wondering if I am saying Good Morning to myself, or to my readers.  The answer is BOTH.  I am here to say to all of you that “talking to yourself” can be good.

                Many times in my life I have talked to myself, I talk to myself on a regular basis.  Sometimes the conversations were based in sadness and anger, sometimes they were based in boredom, and other times they were Just Plain Silly.  No matter what I’m saying to myself, I realize it’s important.

                You may be wondering what’s so important and beneficial about talking to yourself.  Let’s see…First of all I believe you should be your own best friend.  I’m not saying you shouldn’t have other friends.  Friends and close relationships with other people are ABSOLUTELY Necessary to have a healthy and happy life.  What I am saying is that in order to be a good friend and a loving person with others, you need to start within yourself.

                Another benefit of talking to yourself is that you can work through sensitive issues with the person you trust the most, yourself.  Often times people are hesitant to share sensitive issues with others out of fear.  If we can talk to ourselves we can have a DRESS REHERSAL for sharing.  We can practice different ways of communication in safety.

                Yet another benefit of talking to yourself is LOVE…even more specific, self-love.  Loving yourself is of the utmost importance if you want to share in Positive Loving relationships with others.  If you can’t be alone or find something you like or love about yourself this is often a precursor to negative interactions with others. 

                Talking to yourself can be a valuable tool for growth.  Keep in mind that most TOOLS are guidelines and if not practiced properly can turn into Bad Habits.  Remember that talking to yourself is NOT a REPLACEMENT for interaction with other people.  Remember that if you dwell in negative Self-Talk it is not going to help you grow or work through things. 

                It’s ok to share your good and bad emotions, as long as you work towards a healthy balance.  Don’t pretend to be happy and perfect all the time, but work to keep from dwelling in negativity.

To The Universe
LOVE BRANDY

No comments:

Post a Comment