Tuesday, February 5, 2013

May you Always have ENOUGH!!!!


“I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
 I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
 I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
 I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
 I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
 I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
 I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye."  -Author Unknown

                I read this beautiful poem on Facebook, and was truly touched.  These words got me thinking about how we wish the best for people around us all the time.  What is “The Best?”  What if our definition of “The Best” was simply shaped by our lives, good and bad.

                If you never experience bad times or negative emotions how can you expect to TRULY APPRECIATE the good things in life.  Life is contrast.  You can’t have a beautiful sunny day without the chilly darkened night.

                It is the things that we have overcome that make Success So SWEET!!!  If we were given everything on a silver platter, what kind of value would we give it?  I am pretty sure the value would be relatively low.

                I am not saying that I hope anyone has to experience Lack, Loss, Pain, or Sadness.  What I am saying is that it is helpful to remember that it is the “Not So Good Stuff” which makes us truly appreciate and value our lives.

                I try, and sometimes fail, to remember the blessings in my life when I am faced with the “Not So Good Stuff” or the downright “Really BAD Things.”  The one thing I know is that life never stays the same, we are always changing, and the Sun rises every morning to banish the darkness.  There is comfort in that certainty.

                I am a happy person today.  In the past I have been a miserable, selfish, and desperate person but I am truly blessed because I am still here.  Everyday isn’t perfect but every day “Is Enough.”   
        
To The Universe
Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment