Monday, August 13, 2012

I Have Control Over My Life


Monday August 13, 2012        
Today I realize that I can exert control over the suffering in my life.  For many years I thought that the pain in my life was somebody else’s fault.  Seriously, what average person doesn’t blame onto others for the pain they feel, most people after all aren’t masochistic.  I don’t need to blame myself for the pain that I let other people inflict on me, and blaming myself won’t make change easier.  Though I do realize that I need to take responsibility for the way that I internalize how other people treat me.  I also need to take responsibility for the many times I have allowed negative and bad people to remain in my life.  I know I never asked for people to treat me badly, but I did allow them to hurt me by allowing them to continue being involved in my life. 
People have trouble believing that they actually have control over there lives.  It is easy to find reasons to blame others for their impact on our lives.  It is true that you are not responsible to change other people’s behavior, so you aren’t to blame when other people do bad things.   You are responsible for who and what you allow into your own life.  You can only have the positive and productive life you want when you stop making excuses for others behavior, and start to take responsibility for the people you surround yourself with. 
When you start to take an active role in choosing the types of people you allow yourself to be surrounded by, that’s the first step to stop your suffering.  If there is someone in your life that you can’t avoid, then you have the power to change how you let them influence or affect your mind.  You don’t have to suffer, you don’t deserve pain, you are worthy of love, kindness, and generosity.  Don’t believe that you can’t do better.  We all deserve and can have a life without suffering, we Can Choose to start leading a happier life.  Choose your thought and actions as wisely as you should choose your friends. 
To The Universe
Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment