Monday, August 20, 2012

Hard Work does bring Happiness


Monday August 20, 2012

               Here we are at the start of another week.  The question that we should be asking ourselves is what we will make of the week ahead of us.  Will we choose to make decisions based out of love, and the path which the Universe is guiding us down?  Or will we walk through the upcoming days with worry, negativity, anger, and apathy guiding our hearts?

               Today I choose to look at the upcoming week with excitement.  My week is going to be filled with hectic activity, hard work, and possible imperfection, but I choose to be excited about these things.  I know that the work I am doing will be rewarding once I move.  Yes, we are moving.  Moving includes packing, working on the new house, and a multitude of other things which will be dealt with as they arise.  Besides the house work, packing, and moving, I must also keep up my writing and website content creation.  It is a lot of work, and it does cause me to be nervous, but I’m not going to let a few nerves stand in my way.

               Not too long ago having all this upcoming work would have made me anxious, unhappy, and just plain ready to give up even before I started.  I have said before that I was often apathetic and just plain lazy in my life which meant I was never moving.  I never moved forward, I never walked the path that the Universe wanted me to.  I felt this was ok because I said to myself, “at least I’m not falling backwards, at least I’m not unhappy.”  What a horrible thing to tell myself, settling for “not unhappy” is never going to bring me joy.

               Today I won’t lie and tell you I wouldn’t enjoy being able to relax more.  What I will tell you is that there really is pride in a job well done.  There is happiness is working, it makes you appreciate the calm in your life.   Benjamin Franklin said, “Well done is better than well said.”  That quote is pure genius and completely true.  What can you DO today, instead of what you just TALK about doing, that will bring you pride and joy?  Get out there and LIVE your life, don’t just wait for it to happen to you, make it happen FOR YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment