Friday, July 5, 2013

The Million Dollar Question...How do you Change Your Life

               How do you change your life?  Well that is the Million Dollar Question isn’t it.  I think there are many ways that you can change your life for the better, it depends on who you are and what you want.

                One thing I do know is that even though each of our reasons for why we change and what we want may be different, there is ONE Thing We have in common.  There is a point when your desires outweigh your fears and that is when true change is possible.

                In the past I personally had Great and Amazing desires for how I wanted my life to unfold.  My mind was full of grandeur when I would envision what kind of life would make me happy.  The problem was that MY FEAR of change and FEAR of Failure stopped me in my tracks.

                I would convince myself that “my dreams” weren’t possible.  I would convince myself that I would fail.  I would convince myself that I would be better off staying put, rather than risk putting myself out there and Failing.
 
                If it wasn’t my Fear of Failure that stopped me from changing my life, it was my lack of self-esteem.  I would convince myself that I didn’t deserve to be happy.  I would convince myself that The Universe was out to get me.  I was so afraid of failure, that I just gave up.

                What a waste of time living in fear can be.  I wasted so much time fearing failure, fearing connections, fearing pain and anxiety that I literally lost YEARS of My Life.  Thankfully today I am finally starting to live.

                When I refer to “living” I am talking about more than just existing, I am talking about EXPERIENCING LIFE, LOVE, and yes even Pain.  It is the entire pantheon of human experiences and emotions that constitutes Really Living.
 
                We are not going to have everything we dream about, but that isn’t meant to be negative.  We can learn from the bad and thrive and rejoice in the good.  What can you do today to let go of FEAR?

To The Universe

Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment