Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Comfort and Happiness are NOT The Same

“Comfort sells easier than happiness. Comfort is easy. It requires no effort and no work. Happiness takes effort. It requires being proactive, confronting fears, facing difficult situations, and having unpleasant conversations.” –Author Unknown

                Today I have been considering some words that we think are synonymous with each other, but are actually very different.  If you read the quote I included today I am sure you can guess that I am talking about the differences and similarities between comfort and happiness.

                When I was young and people would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up my answer was always the same…I wanted to be Happy and I wanted to be a Doctor.  Well here I am today and I am not a doctor, though thankfully I am Happy (but I had to WORK at my HAPPINESS).

                Comfort is another thing, many people think that if they have all the “comforts” of life they will be happy.  People think if they have nice things, a nice car, a nice house, and other material comforts that they will be happy and successful.  NOT!!!

                I am not saying that people who have all the material comforts in life are not happy, but I am sayings it is not those “material comforts” which are providing them with happiness.
 
                Happiness seems elusive to many people because they don’t truly understand that you can’t buy happiness and you can’t borrow somebody else’s happiness.  Happiness takes WORK.  It takes work simply because life isn’t perfect.

                When life throws us curve balls, negativity, and lack we must work to find the happiness within ourselves.  True happiness only comes from within and it starts with Love, Pride, and Gratitude.  The comforts in our life as well as the people we surround ourselves with life can increase our happiness, but only if we start out with happiness from within.
 
                What is one thing you can be Grateful for today?  What is one thing about Yourself that you are Proud of?  What is one thing that you Love about yourself?  Ask yourself these questions every day and that is a great way to start to increase the happiness in your life.

To The Universe

Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment