Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pull Yourself out of The Rut!!!

            I have been in a creative rut for days, or at least that’s how I saw it.  Though, if I look more closely at the situation I am able to see it differently.  Last week I started a new job, it’s a marketing job and it’s very difficult for me.  It’s new to me and this change had caused me to be happy but extremely preoccupied.  Thankfully today I am starting to feel better, but I am nervous that I may lose these positive feelings if I am not careful. 

                I look back and realize I can view my creative rut as a Circumstance or a Reaction.  If I sat here today and let my thoughts turn negative or see my lack of creativity as failure then that is a reaction, and an unproductive one at that.  That type of reaction will not help me get back on track.  That type of reaction will only cause me to extend my current situation.

               I can choose to see my lack of creativity as a Circumstance that simply resulted from a significant change and therefore is completely normal and expected.  Well that thought is what has helped me get back to Belief.  Belief that I would get back on track with my writing.

            Now look at me, I’m writing.  Some people will like what I have to say and some people won’t, but I feel good to be doing it again.  Those good feelings are going out into The Universe and I know they will come back to me.  I know that my positive thoughts and feelings will bring more Positivity back into my life.  It’s like KNOWING the check is in the mail and it will be awesome.

                I feel like I already have the things I want and it’s THOSE FEELINGS that make life worth living.  It’s not the things you have that bring you happiness, but how you FEEL about the things you have.   How can you feel good about what you have today, no matter how small?

To The Universe

Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment