Thursday, December 6, 2012

Take Your Thoughts CAPTIVE

                Good Morning Universe.  Lately I have been practicing, doing the work, and making changes in my life.  People that read my blog have been a party to “this work,” and unlike years in the past, I am really doing the work, not just pretending.

                I have been working on my physical and mental health.  I have been creating goals and taking steps toward those goals, and it’s been difficult. 

                The hardest part is overcoming my brain, is that it often seems wired for “what if’s.”  Those “what if’s” have been the basis for worry, anxiety, laziness, and excuses.  I have focused so much on the “what if’s” that I had forgotten how to move forward.

                I was stuck in a hole that I dug for myself.  I was so concerned with worrying about what might happen, that I did nothing.  I was stagnant, unhappy, and filled with apathy.

                Today I have learned, through my work with The Elevate Institute, that I am the only person who can take my negative thoughts captive.  This is often times easier said than done.

                Many times I get overwhelmed with my inability to control my thoughts and emotions.  The difference now is that I am not giving up.  I realize that it’s Human Nature to have anxiety, fear, and doubt.  Now that I realize, and truly believe that others go through the same thing I can stop putting myself down because of it.

                Once I accept these thoughts as part of me, I can practice taking control of my them.  Like with any exercise, it will take time to master.  Like with any exercise you just need to start with a commitment.  Like with any exercise, you need to put in “The Work.”  Once you start to take your thoughts captive, you will have more control of your own life. 

Never give up, and if you fall down, forgive yourself and get back up again.  Remember you are not perfect, but you it’s your imperfections that will keep you growing.  What negative or fearful thoughts can you work on “taking captive” today?

To The Universe
Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment