Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Traditions in Your Heart…MOVE with You!!!

                Good Morning Christmas.  Oops it’s still a few days before Christmas.  What I meant to say is GOOD MORNING CHRISTMAS COOKIES!!!   My father’s fiancé, her daughter, and our friends started making cookies yesterday.  I was mixing, baking, laughing, and LOVING the experience ALL DAY.

                We made so many cookies, and we aren’t even done yet.  I have one more kind of cookie to bake, though the dough was made yesterday.  Then it’s the MOST IMPORTANT step….DECORATING!!!! 

I think we are planning on giving away a lot of cookies to our friends and family, that’s if I can let go of them.  Just Kidding, if I ate ALL the cookies we baked I would have to be admitted to the hospital in a Sugar Coma. 

                I am so excited.  Making Christmas cookies with the family has been a tradition for me since I was a child.  Though unfortunately my Mother isn’t here with me today, because she is still in Sacramento, her Holiday Spirit is with me.  I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

                One of the greatest moments yesterday was given to me by my future step mother, Susan.  Susan is an AWESOME cook.  She makes wonderful food and many delicious healthy recipes, her kitchen skills are Legendary.  But I found out yesterday she has never really baked Christmas Cookies.  This “of course” we were about to rectify.

                She put on an apron and was READY to GO!!!  She was such a mixing maniac, that she burned up my blender.  Technically it was my blenders fault, it was really inexpensive and I knew it would blow up someday.  But it went out fighting and now I have another GREAT HOLIDAY cookie memory.

                Back to my other favorite moment, besides the blender, It was Susan’s face.  I will always remember when she turned to me while mixing up peanut butter cookies with a Huge Smile on her face and excitement in her voice.  She shared with me that she wasn’t really a “baker” and never baked Christmas Cookies as a holiday tradition, but I could SEE and FEEL something special.  It was AWESOME!!!

                I am blessed to be able to share my Holiday Traditions with my new friends and family.  I am blessed to give and receive LOVE at this wonderful time of year.  I will continue to share the LOVE I have in my heart with others, not just at the holidays, but ALL YEAR ROUND.

To The Universe
LOVE BRANDY

No comments:

Post a Comment