Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Stepping out in Faith

Wednesday July 25, 2012
       OK Universe I’ve stepped out in faith and have been happy to receive multiple affirmations that I’m on a positive path.  I have been in a new town for about 6 weeks now.  I don’t know many people except my father, who I am finally getting to know.  I have moved past difficult years of painful abuse by my father, mostly mental, in order to start over.  I made a pact with myself to try, because I’ve grown to realize that no one is perfect.  I realized that blaming my father for my mistakes was just a cop out.  I made the choices that led me to where I am today.
      Now I am here in Vegas, and have spent more time with my father in the past 6weeks, then I have spent with him in the previous 36 years of my life.  Today I KNOW that I made the right decision to come here.  I understand that it was a risk, I didn’t know 6 weeks ago that things would be different this time.  The only thing I did know is that I wasn’t happy in Sacramento.  I was so scared it would be like every other time I had ever spent time with my father.  I kept thinking he would break my heart again and make me feel worthless.  Thankfully the Universe spoke to me and asked me to try again. 
       My father, like me, had been lost before.  I realized that in MY Adulthood I have made many mistakes and caused my family pain.  It was only from my pain and mistakes that I became willing to give my father another chance.  I stepped out in faith to see what would happen.  The main difference was that I decided not to put my expectations into our new relationship.  That way if he was the SAME Person, I wouldn’t be so shocked and hurt. 
    Thanks to the Universe, he was different and more loving then I have known my whole life.   I am so blessed, but I do realize that I can no longer base my life on how others treat me.  I must learn to love and appreciate myself, and if others in my life can’t do the same I must let them go until they are ready to give me the respect and love I deserve.  I WILL no longer make excuses for people who harm me.  I Will no longer use the pain in my life to excuse my own bad choices. I Will expect the same amount of LOVE from others that I give to them.  I AM FREE to have Enormous amounts of LOVE and RESPECT from the people in my life.  Today my Smiles and my Happiness ARE REAL.  Every day I see and receive more love from my father and in that love I see evidence of the Universe at work.
To The Universe
Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment