Saturday, July 7, 2012

Don't be "Down in the Dumps"


July 7th, 2012
            I hate to say I’m down in the dumps again, but I can’t lie to the universe.  OK, I think “down in the dumps” might be a little harsh for today.  Though I will admit recent events have made the future blurry.  No matter what comes up for me I’ve never waivered on a few things.  One of those things has been school, I have always believed that to be successful I MUST get my college degree.  I have believed this so whole heartedly that I can’t seem to see past it, or at least see through it so I can envision my future.  It’s more of society’s programming, we all know that everyone says the best chance to be successful is with education.  But after our required education (i.e. high school) when did college become a must. Why is my belief that I can only have the life I want with college so ingrained in my brain.
            I am not saying that college isn’t wonderful, that it doesn’t enrich one’s life.  It definitely is an advantage in the workplace, but does that mean that those who for one reason or another don’t get a college degree aren’t or can’t be successful. No, it doesn’t mean that.   What I am trying to say is that as I walk my path more aware of where I want to be, I realize maybe I’m not really looking at where I’m going or listening to the whispers of the Universe.  I’m trying to force the Universe to bend to what I want.  When I try to force the Universe it means I’m not behaving out of love, instead it’s my fear with a little sense of entitlement for seasoning.
            I am told you can manifest anything you want in life.  But the more I explore and listen to the words of others I see that the things that come to you may look different then what you asked for.  Does that mean the Universe isn’t listening to what you want or need.  NO, and if you believe the universe isn’t listening you’ve already given up.  The Universe is smarter then us, and maybe it can see not only what we say we want, but it can see what we need.
            I must trust the Universe to give me EVERYTHING I want and need, just not necessarily on my time table.  The Universe will only respond to my true belief, not me stomping my feet like an angry toddler.  Do you believe, or are you an entitled toddler?  Neither answer is wrong, but if you can’t figure out where you are right now, how can you ever get to where you want to be?

To The UNIVERSE
Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment