Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Don’t let Negativity INFECT YOU, Grow Stronger From It!!!


“Whenever the immune system successfully deals with an infection, it emerges from the experience stronger and better able to confront similar threats in the future.  Our immune system develops in combat.  If at the first sign of infection, you always jump in with antibiotics, you do not give the immune system a chance to grow stronger.”     -Andrew Weil, MD
                Good Morning Universe, let’s talk about why we should stay put during the storms we face in life.  The quote that I included today is specifically in reference to physical illness, but it includes a POWERFUL Lesson about life. 
Often times in my life I have referred to the saying, “whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” and now I know where that saying may be based from.  I know that all the “infections” I have faced in my life like drugs, depression, low self esteem, abuse, and incarceration have brought me to where I sit today.  I sometimes wish that I could erase those NEGATIVE experiences from my life, but I also know that I have grown stronger and wiser because of them.
Unfortunately not everyone grows and learns from Negative experiences.  Many people become infected by the “negativity” and they dwell and live in their infection and often times spread that “negativity” infection to others.  I spent many years “LIVING” in the Negative Infection that had become my life, and I was barely existing. 
Don’t Despair, just like with our physical healthcare we have choices in how we care for our Mind, Spirit, Emotions, and Actions.  Are you going to “jump in” and try to treat an infection of negativity with a quick fix that will you deny you the opportunity to strengthen yourself. 
Or will you fill your medicine cabinet with emotions, thoughts, and actions meant to strengthen and heal your mind, body, and soul.  Will you “self medicate” with Fear, or Feed Your Life With LOVE?
To The Universe
LOVE BRANDY

No comments:

Post a Comment