Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Commitment to Work, Commitment to Workout….I AM READY!!!


                Good Morning Universe, I am ready to make a long term financial commitment.  Ok it’s a gym membership, but that HUGE for me.

                I have spoken about my path to better health and fitness over the past few years.  This year I have even made my weight loss goals public knowledge.  Letting others know how much I currently weigh and my goal to be under 200lbs by July 4th was a HUGE STEP.

                Now I am ready to make another HUGE STEP.  I am ready to join a gym, and to get the best deal I have to commit to a monthly payment every month for 24months.
 
                How do I know I am ready?  Well I started out taking baby steps.  Last year I started walking and paying more attention to my diet.  This year I committed to measurable goals and sharing those goals with others in order to hold myself accountable.
               
                I also didn’t run out and join a gym on New Years Day.  I put exercise into my daily routine and made sure I could stay committed without the pressure of a 2year financial commitment on top of the physical commitment.

                I have tried working out in a gym in my twenties, but I didn’t stick with it.  At the time I had big dreams, but had no idea how to put them into action and how to stay committed.  Long Term Commitment can be difficult, it starts with one step but it DEMANDS that you keep moving.

                The problem was that I didn’t ease myself into the changes I wanted to implement.  I jumped in without a support system and when the initial excitement wore off I realized all the work ahead and became so intimidated and fearful that I gave up.

                Now that I have been taking “baby steps” towards change, I realize that as long as I keep moving forward I WILL succeed.  I don’t have to be so worried.   I only have to remember how I got to the top of Lone Mountain the first time.  I got to the top ONE STEP AT A TIME….

To The Universe
Love Brandy

Please come visit us at The Elevate Institute you can subscribe to my blog and get other tips to live a life FILLED WITH LOVE
http://theelevateinstitute.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment