Monday, June 17, 2013

Great Change Doesn’t Always Have To Start Big!!!

Sometimes people are waiting for “the big moment” or epiphany to start a change.  One day you can wake up and realize that things are different, your life is different, YOU ARE DIFFERENT.  Often times change can be so gradual you can’t pinpoint it.
   
I have been trying to pinpoint when I started truly feeling happy, and not just believing happiness would be mine.  I can’t remember a specific day, week, or even month when I was sure that my happiness was more than just belief.

The first step to change is desire, then belief, then action, and perseverance.  All of a sudden you look back and realize not only is your life different, BUT YOU ARE DIFFERENT.  It works both ways, with positive changes and negative changes. 

I have had experience with the “positive changes” and the “negative changes.”  When I became addicted to drugs, I didn’t just WAKE UP like that.  It was gradual, I knew I was taking chances using drugs but I told myself I was stronger and smarter than that.  I was wrong.

When I quit using drugs I didn’t just wake up and everything was great because I was sober.  My road to sobriety and ultimately to happiness was long and difficult.  When I was using drugs, I didn’t want to be an addict.  I was afraid, I was ashamed, I was unhappy, I felt unworthy and unloved….That is a lot of negativity to face sober.

Today I am SO VERY BLESSED.  My life isn’t perfect and I’m not always happy and chipper, but I feel different deep down inside.  I don’t dwell in the bad stuff.  Negativity, Anxiety, and Fear come to visit me sometimes, but I DON’T LET THEM STICK AROUND.

To The Universe
Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment