Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sometimes You Have to JUST GET UP and DO IT!!!


                Good Morning Universe…This morning I wasn’t feeling right.  I woke up groggy, cranky, fatigued, and sad.  I moved through my morning, getting my work done, writing, and even figured out how to make new changes to our website www.theelevateinstitute.com.  This is a Big Accomplishment for me because in the past I have gotten very nervous and frustrated doing new technological things.  
  
                Accomplishing my morning tasks and learning, on my own, how to do new things made me feel better for a while.  Though it didn’t last long, I started to feel down and apathetic, AGAIN.  As the time when I normally go to the gym approached I found myself making excuses.

                I began to tell myself that it was OK to skip my workout because I wasn’t feeling 100%.  I began to tell repeat “my old story.”  What is “My Old Story” you may ask?  My Old Story is always based in procrastination and excuses.   I have been pretty proficient in my life at making excuses and procrastination at least on a personal level.

                I began to tell myself things like, “It’s Ok to go tomorrow and who is really going to know if you don’t go to the Gym?”  I am not saying that it’s always bad to change your routine, or take a break because those things are necessary sometimes. 

                What I am saying is that if you are unaware when you are making excuses, it can easily result in your life and goals becoming stagnant.  It’s one thing to take a break, but if that break goes on Too Long your daily routine and habits can be negatively impacted.

                So what did I do?  I forced myself to get dressed, stretch, and go to the gym.  I used “One Good Thought,” to overcome my lack of desire.  My good thought was…”I always feel good after I workout.”  Exercise releases dopamine and endorphins that elevate my mood.  I also knew that I would be proud of myself for overcoming my desire to stay stagnant.

                I am back from the Gym and couldn’t be happier that I basically FORCED MYSELF to go.  I am not advocating that you force yourself to do things which are unhealthy, uncomfortable, or just plain stupid.  What I am saying is that sometimes on the road of growth We Are Going to have to move forward, even when our “Old Self” tries to make us quit.

                What can you do today which you know will give you a positive benefit in the long run, but you just don’t really feel like doing?  What are you proud of today?  If you have slacked off on keeping up with your positive intentions and growth, are you willing to recommit and Just Get Up and Do It!!!

To The Universe
Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment