Thursday, March 7, 2013

It's Powerful to Dance Like No One Is Watching!!!


                Good Morning Universe…Let’s talk about “letting loose!”  I am not talking about letting go of your sanity, your respect, or your responsibilities as a law-abiding-citizen.  I am talking about letting loose, celebrating, dancing, letting go of your pain, and bringing some Pure Joy into your day.

                In the past I have talked about letting go and letting your “silly” out, but I KNOW this is a topic that can never “get old.”  Last year at this time I spent my evenings watching TV.  In fact I spent the majority of my day watching TV. 

                I never spent time with myself, I never wanted to change my routine, and the music I listened to was always “Sad.”  At the time the soundtrack of my life was extremely negative. 

                Don’t misunderstand me, I LOVE Sad Songs and that type of music evokes powerful and useful emotions, but that is not the “ONLY” music I respond to. 

                I have found a LOVE for music that makes me want to move.  Music that makes me want to get up and shake my body in ways I really never thought of before.  I LOVE TO DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING!!!

                I define dancing like No One Is Watching as….PURE FREEDOM with a quite bit of awkwardness on the side.  Imagine watching The Original Footloose, but seeing All The Characters doing moves that aren’t choreographed.  Maybe even doing moves that are so CAREFREE and SILLY that you aren’t sure if you LOVE IT or HATE IT. 

                Well, that is my version of dancing like no one is watching.  I just put on some music that “MOVES MY SOUL” and see what happens.

                The best part is that I can feel “pure emotion” at it’s finest.   Sometimes the emotion is a little sad and introspective.  Though most of the time the emotion is FUN, SILLY, CRAZY, and EXCITING.

                When we dance like no one is watching we are truly connecting to OUR SOUL.  When we dance like no one is watching we can experience and work through our best and worst feelings.  When we dance like no one is watching it is Therapy For The Soul!!!

                What is the soundtrack of your life?  What songs move you to express your True Emotions?  What songs help you “work through” the best and worst parts of your life?
 
To The Universe
Love Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment